8.14.2009

Cherry Pickin

So the time has come where I get off the lesbian TTC bench and play. That's right, I am hauling my tired ass up to the plate, wrapping my hands around the bat and praying to the good lord that I can join other lesbiansonexstacy in their TTC, pregnancy and parenthood journeys.

I've been spending waaaaayyy too much time lurking around other TTC blogs and am at the point where I want to add to the community and not just feel like I'm a voyuer in it for the thrill...ya know?

That being said, I'll give ya'll an update. My sweet potato and I have been (legally) married since Nov. 08. We're having a ceremony and big family drag-out wedding in 8 (gasp!) weeks. We've been together for almost four years and are going to start the TTC proccess in Jan. 2010. The Sweet Potato (or Asian Cajun as she really wants to be called) has an eight yr-old son from a previous marriage. He's the best. And he wants a sibling. How can you argue with that logic?

In all seriousness, I'm excited to be a part of the community and begin this part of our lives. Here's to queer parenthood!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! I lurked for a very long time too before starting my own little blog. It's such a wonderful, supportive community. We're glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of TTC... it's a crazy ride but completely worth! I can't wait to read your updates!

    ReplyDelete