I'll get right to it: ultrasound results found a heartbeat! My first out of three pregnancies. Chefy and I watched that crazy little thing thump thump on that screen and it was amazing. Things are measuring well, so says my midwife, so I am happy. I am a bit confused on this LMP vs. ovulation day dating. I ovulated 4 days earlier than usual this month, so I think I should have been 7w1d at the ultrasound, whereas my midwife calls it 6w6d. The embryo was at 6w5d which my midwife says is right on target. I'm a bit confused. I understand the LMP, but then if I know I O'd 4 days earlier (or so), then isn't the thing measuring 4-5 days behind? I have a decision to make on this one: I can worry about it endlessly, or I can go with what my midwife says, and be happy. She counted the heartbeat at 140bpm. approx, and said that everything is looking great. I have been siding with her, and not worrying. This one has been a pokey-joe anyway, from not having any symptoms before the BFP, to no pole at 6w u/s....so I'm not going to panic. It's just taking its own sweet time. Baby. Or something like it.
I can't believe it. Part of me is feeling so content, so satisfied to have made it this far. This is the most pregnant I've been. And another part of me is thinking as I write that line... god I hope I don't regret writing about this excitement. What if it's just another letdown. I count 39 days until 13w, which seems almost manageable. Let's hope it passes quickly and painlessly.
Speaking of symptoms....another factor helping me not to panic is the horrible nausea I've been experiencing. It started a couple of weeks ago and has steadily intensified since then. I haven't vomited, but I think that's only because I abhor throwing up. I hate it with a passion. At first, I felt sick only in the morning and at night. Lately, that icky feeling has been creeping in on my afternoons. I feel like I'm walking through waves of nausea for most of the day. Last night was the worst. I almost started crying. My lovely wife has been feeding me regularly, and I'm trying to eat some form of protein once every two hours. This helps keep things manageable to the point where I can be sane. Competing with the nausea is the consistently strong metallic taste in my mouth. What a combo. Yum.
My apologies again for not writing more, or with any amount of clarity or panache (for lack of a better word). At this point, all I can do is just get it out there, in whatever form. There's been a lot going on in the last three months, so much it feels daunting to sit down and type it all out. Thanks for the support while I sort myself, my grief about the miscarriages, and basically the mess that is this TTC experience, out.
12 years ago

Yaaaay heartbeat! I'm SO SO happy for you and this milestone. From you beta #s, it definitely looks to me like you either have a late implanter or you ovulated later than you thought you did. Everything looks in line, and nausea is a definitely a good sign. I know the next 39 days will be killer, but you are one pregnant lady! xox
ReplyDeleteWhoohoo for a heart-beat! I would not worry AT ALL about the little guy measuring a bit behind what you expect. When we went in for our first measurement scan they moved us back 3 days and then at the second another 2 days. I was so annoyed to loose 5-hard-earned days within the first two weeks (and it didnt make any sense, since we KNEW when we insemed), but now at nearly 30 weeks our little heifer is measuring a week or two a head of schedule, so not to worry, they make it up in the end! I am so optimistically hopeful for you guys!
ReplyDeleteAwesome update! The sickness is a good, good sign. V found Preggie Pops very helpful, along with oranges and sour patch kids. Basically anything sour.
ReplyDeleteHooray-- such good news, and so good to hear from you. I know how tenuous this time is, but you don't get to have a baby without enduring this horrible uncertainty. Trust your gut & your midwife. Try to hang on to your belief in your body and I hope you don't barf too much!
ReplyDeletexoxoK
Yay!! So happy to hear the good news. Hope this means we'll hear from you more often now :-)
ReplyDeleteHooray for a strong heartbeat. Again congratulations for getting back here, on being pregnant and for having the strength to continue sharing your thoughts. Because I’m late to the game… So we are now at 38 days. I’ll be counting along with you. Wishing you all the best. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI am thrilled to hear that you saw a heartbeat. Hope to continue seeing more good news from you.
ReplyDeletecongrats!
ReplyDeleteSo freaking awesome! I'm thrilled for you.
ReplyDeleteAs for the MS, I developed an aversion to sour. (I have a lot of aversions, though no big cravings.) Crackers really are nice. My other saviors are peppermint tea, lifesavers mints, plain chips, cardamom pods, and bananas. Nothing lasts, but those help the most. I'm at 12 1/2 weeks now, starting to believe in the pregnancy and still waiting for the morning sickness to pass.
I know you switched donors, but it looks like we'll be pregnant together after all. :)
Oh Libs! So sorry to be late to the game but I am SO happy for you. When I came back to blogland, i went straight to your blog first in the hopes of reading this post. Much much much love and excitement that things are progressing.
ReplyDeleteI have been out of the loop for awhile, and wanted to check if you posted since July. You have and you have a heartbeat!! Congrats and I am so happy for you :)
ReplyDelete