2 days post IUI here, and boy was my ovulation.......a total mystery.
The first 7 days of the cycle proceeded normally, with my 500mg of Femara. On cd 9, which is usually the day I start to take OPK's (as I like to cover the spread), I kinda forgot to start taking them. Hmm. Oops. No excuses, just busy with life, and missed it.
So. Morning of cd 10 rolls around and whilst my daughter and I are getting our morning started, I feel a whole lot of slippery matter down south, and suddenly remember that I needed to pee on an OPK. 10:30am, and it's a dark dark positive. What?! I call the clinic, and they have me confirm the positive by taking another test (even darker). They tell me they need to see me in 20 minutes, so I rush around the house, getting myself and the baby ready (they let me bring her b/c is a Sunday, my wife is at work, and I am their last appointment of the day). As I drive across town to the clinic, my daughter yells "fast car!' from the backseat.
I was seen by a doc I haven't seen before, and hopefully will never have to see again. Not the friendliest, but he did confirm that I had not yet ovulated, and that my lining was great, and there was a large 30mm follie on my right side.
Great. I give myself my Ovidrel shot in the exam room, with my daughter asking "me! me!" Of course, like all things, wanting one herself. We schedule the IUI for the following morning. My wife and I spend the rest of the evening going out to dinner and seeing an excellent Rufus Wainwright show at the SF Symphony. Fabulous distractions.
The next morning was a little chaotic (not able to take my temp b/c of a crying toddler, a call-in sick from our nanny, dropping the baby off at a friends), but we made it to the clinic on time. The IUI went swimmingly and was performed by an excellent female Doc. The count was 18.2 million- with combining two sub-par vials (third one so far, this is yet another post). I rest for 20 minutes afterward and then continue on with my day.
The next morning my temp drops a bit. Hm. The last four days my temp has been impossible to take, or all over the place. I feel like I may have ovulated the night before my IUI, which would have been cd10. Ugh. Because I didn't start taking my OPK's until cd 10, I could have ovulated as soon as right after my ultrasound that day. Making my IUI a good 20 something hours after ovulation. Honestly, I am confused, yet again, by my body. There is a communication breakdown, a missed connection, a lost relationship between us. While I'm not sure what is going on, I am trying to relax in the knowledge that I have no control over this process. None. But, of course, I am an idiot for ever thinking that I did.
So now we wait. The doc at the u/s (the nice one), said that "at least you can get a refund for the sperm" when I mentioned that I was scared I had ovulated overnight. She's right. That's all I can control, and hope for.
12 years ago

You may remember W got pregnant (and then miscarried) the cycle we did the iui even though the egg had already released. We did it to rack up tries for the insurance but it ended up being perfect timing.. So, you never know, this could be lucky!
ReplyDeleteThe slippery matter! It's like a body alarm that comes shrieking in unexpectedly. I hope the timing was right for you this time!
ReplyDelete