12.30.2010

Fun with ultrasound pictures!

Just for fun, here are some sequential u/s pics that I've been collecting over the past few weeks. I've finally gotten around to scanning them. We'll go sequentially from smallest to largest. This first one is at 6-ish weeks. Just barely making a mark. In fact, the embryo is almost completely covered by the measurement line:
Moving onto 9-ish weeks, we can see arm buds! (kind of)
And finally, the latest u/s is from my NT scan three days ago. Baby is measuring 3 days AHEAD of schedule at 12w6d, which puts me currently at 13w2d today,  and everything looks great. Russian lady u/s tech showed me everything: stomach, arms, legs, kidneys, toes, fingers, nose...the whole shebang. She kept repeating "Beautiful....beautiful."  After asking twice whether or not I wanted to know the sex of the baby, she says..."So I can tell you now if you'd like to know, but you don't want to know, so..." I was silently freaking lying on that puffy long bed-thingy. I had NO IDEA that she would be able to see the sex at this stage. Crazy. I didn't find out, and Chefy was mad she missed the appointment, b/c she really wants to know. Heartbeat is 163bpm, nuschal fluid was within normal range, and the little one was moving and stretching, s/he is a very active little person inside of there, thrilling the hell out of me. Here's some profile pics; s/he did a 180 while the tech was taking pictures, just to make sure we got both profiles. Cutie.
And from the left....I think this is her/his best side.....


Good times. I am so bloated still that I look about 5 months already, which is forcing me to tell people sooner than later. But what are you going to do? I'm thrilled and just trying to enjoy every minute. In more feeling good news, my MS has finally eased up. No more constant nausea! It's great. I actually am feeling a lot more normal. I had almost forgotten what that felt like.


So Happy New Year to all, and congrats Shroe and Speedy on their new arrival Jonas! It's been amazing to watch their entire journey from beginning to end and celebrate with them. Congrats family!!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great progression!! In no time you'll be trying to find the time to paste all the ultrasound shots into your new baby's baby book between nursings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous little one! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've just had a similar scan and our little wriggler just wouldn't sit still. Flipping and rolling, stretching out and kicking about, it made us all laugh, even the doctor, which of course made me laugh even more and cause my belly to jiggle. I think we were lucky to get any photos at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures from the 1st trimester scan are awesome. You have a baby in there!

    ReplyDelete