I really wanted a lot more information than the crabby-panties sonographer was willing to give up- she kind of sucked. The only details she divulged during the exam were answers to questions we started to ask after realizing she wasn't going to fill us in on her own. While I was trying to warm her up by making small talk, she tells us that she never wants kids. Well, maybe you should think about another career choice not involving expectant parents. Without really telling us anything during the 30 minute procedure (of which I couldn't see the screen at all), she says "all done" at the end whilst turning off the machine and cleaning up. I had to ask- "Uhhh.....so does everything LOOK OKAY?!?!?!?!" She says...."sure..this is a level one ultrasound, everything looks good and you can stop worrying." Um...thanks.
Anyway, that's not important. What is important is that the baby girl in there is big and happy, measuring even a week ahead of my 19 weeks. I couldn't be more thrilled. While she didn't turn towards my stomach for a profile shot, we did get some funny pictures of her other parts:
Baby Booty:
Girl Parts!
I didn't even make it to the car without knowing what the sex was. Thinking that I could wait for five months while Chefy knew was totally unrealistic. I'm glad I know and now I'm just trying to let it sink in that we are going to have a girl. Incredible.



Congrats!! How exciting. Nice to know that everyone can be wrong, huh? :-) And, uh, yeah, seems like you didn't hold out five minutes, forget about months!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I was also convinced I was having a boy. So was most of my family and friends. We waited to find out until the birth so you can imagine my surprise when it was a girl. Having a daugther is wonderful!! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteOh - congratulations! I was wondering how one of you knowing and the other not would go...
ReplyDeleteYEAH for little girls!
ReplyDeleteHooray! sorry you had a crabbypants tech :( But the best thing is that all is looking great!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Ugh, WHY do people with no people-skills decide to go into careers that involve interacting closely with people?! that's the worst. Sorry--but at least you got to see your wonderful GIRL! Yay!
ReplyDeleteYah! Congrats!! How exciting to know!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!! I get so happy-teary every time I get an update from you. So happy for everything that is unfolding for you guys. xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! Sorry to hear about the crabby tech, that's the worst. But glad all is going so well. And I love the bum shot. So cute.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! She's got a perfect little booty.
ReplyDeleteAs for one partner knowing and the other not knowing, that does seem hard. I wish we knew, but Tam felt way more strongly about this than I did.
I feel like such a heel! I didn't realize you were posting again, didn't realize you were trying again and didn't realize you were pregnant! Too caught up in my own crap I guess.
ReplyDeleteBig congrats your baby girl! I'm so happy for you.
We've got our 20 week scan in just under two weeks and since it's through a big scan company rather than my OB, I'm afraid of getting a cranky pants or homophobic US tech.
ReplyDeleteYay on the girly parts. Hope you don't get too much pink stuff now.
Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! Baby girl!!!!!
ReplyDeletethanks everyone for the comments! I feel stupid about complaining about the tech- I'm over it now and just enjoying the idea of being a mom to a little girl....crazy. So thanks for putting up with my rant... Happy V Day
ReplyDelete