1. I turned 36 last Sunday, about a week after the miscarriage. Not a lot of celebrations, and so I made it through. It feels like another wasted year; 10 months of unsuccessful iui's, a lot of money, time, and now a third miscarriage. My daughter of course, has been and continues to be such a joy. I can't be so incredibly sad all the time. When I was 2, my mom had a stillbirth. I don't want that grief I'm sure I shared with her to be the same with Aurora. And so I get up every day and smile with her.
2. Trisomy 15. That's what the tissue from the miscarriage tested positive for. I'm mixed about this result. While it doesn't rule out the fact that there might be an issue with me, it does reassure me that there was a discernible issue. It gives me a concrete reason for this miscarriage.
From here, I move onto IVF with what's called Comprehensive Chromosonal Screening (or CCS). Here I am, spending hours on fertility boards, faxing medical records, making appointments and lists of the important questions to ask, not knowing if any of this is ever going to work. I feel as if I'm in the middle of a long journey: one in which I've lost so much time already, and yet still not knowing if I'm ever going to arrive.
12 years ago

I understand the mixed feelings, but it must be reassuring to know there was something behind the miscarriage. It sounds like the IVF plan will help that from happening again, which is great news. Will you be able to start soon or do you need to take some time off before you're able to get going?
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad that you've got Aurora to help keep you smiling. xo
I am so sorry you find yourselves in this situation. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot for the comments- it means a lot.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry it's been such a rough ride. How are you? How are things going on the TTC front?
ReplyDelete