Infertility can drive a woman mad. I think I'm coming close to madness. I'm currently smack-dab in the middle of my first round of IVF. I've been stimmed, retrieved, fertilized, biopsied, and now frozen. Those darling eggs of mine. Here's the bullet points.
- Stim for one week, 20 units MicroLupron, 225iu's Bravelle, 75iu's Menapur.
- 12 eggs retrieved. This was 5 or so lower than my RE thought we would get. Sad face.
- 9 mature, 7 fertilized.
- 6 still hanging in there day 3. 4 8-celled, 1 7-celled, 1 6-celled.
- By day 6, only 3 make it to biopsy and freeze.
- Of those 3, 2 are "very good" quality, on is "not so good."
- CCS results will take 2 weeks. Expecting results 1/27.
So that's me, where I am. In between madness and hope.

I am so sorry, this process can be draining and down right sole sucking. Just remember, the end justifies the means....
ReplyDeleteI know several lesbian bloggers from the old days who had to use their partners' eggs include Looking for a Little Turtle and Puffer and the Little Fishes. Lesbian IF is a thing.
ReplyDeleteShit. I make supposedly beautiful eggs, but after five IVF/FET cycles and nine transferred embryos, have only two singleton pregnancies to come of it. No explanations. IF strikes us in so many ways. Be sad, but don't feel alone.
Oh, and The Ultimate Gift is currently going through IVF with donor eggs. I'm mobile, or I would like the blogs.
ReplyDeleteLink not like
Delete