It's true, 3 months in a row don't lie. CD19 is my day, ladies. My total cycle is 28 days, making my luteal phase only 9 days which is a wee short. Anyone else out there with a shorter luteal phase? Any suggestions/recommendations on how to deal with it? (patient sigh...)
In other news, it's only 11 days until the big wedding day. Amazing how I was never that little girl dreaming of a big wedding with a white dress, and funny how now I've become that bride. (I'm a bit jealous of this crafty lady for her eloping insight.) I've been finding that I'm asking myself the "how the hell did I get here?" question a lot. Marrying a woman..who knew!? Being a stepmom...never expected that! Shopping online for jizz (excuse my language)....how interesting! Getting married in a big wedding to someone 10 years my senior....what a pleasant surprise! I'm just going through a season of big changes...some unexpected. So far the surprises have been great. I'm understanding that my life has never and will never have a script. I have just been open to what comes....and here I am! How thrilling. I can't wait to add a wee one to this crazy mix.
Also, my fertilitea and OPK's came in the mail. Now all I have to do is quit drinking coffee and wine. Of course I am waiting until we get back from our honeymoon in Paris to do both of these. Today...indulgence! Three weeks from now the discipline begins! Wish me luck...
12 years ago

OOOH! Congratulations to you and Chefy! That sounds amazing: love, Paris, Par5isian coffee and wine... Way to kick off a beautiful life.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for the story & photos!
Thanks Keely. Can't wait to read your wedding story!
ReplyDeleteI think a short luteal phase can usually be helped by progesterone. The suppositories are messy, but otherwise not too bad.
ReplyDeleteYay Paris! Have a great time. It sounds like a wonderful last hurrah before you have to give up coffee, wine, good cheese, etc.
I agree with Gayby, if you know you have a short luteal phase, it certainly can't hurt to take the progesterone and help things along. Lord knows you are spending enough on jizz, you might as well add one more thing into the mix.
ReplyDeleteI used to live in Paris, my BIL lives in Paris now. If you haven't been, you're going to love it. It really is a magical city. Enjoy yourself and yes, indulge while you still can!