9.30.2009

And So It Begins


I'm picking up my mother from the airport in 30 minutes, which is to me the beginning of this whole wedding stuff. 3 days out from the wedding and let's see where we're at, shall we?

Wedding bands: check
Wedding vows: check
Wedding readings printed: check
Deposits paid: check
Designers/Caterers/Event planners on board: check

I could go on, but really I'm sure this is only interesting to me. I only have a few (and when I say few I mean 35ish) things on my list to take care of in the next 3 days, but I'm trying not to sweat the details at the very end. I'm trying to remind myself to STAY CALM, cuz I'm not your usual take-it-in-stride kinda lady. So. Deep breaths. In. Out. Keep it together, Libby.
I'll be out for a while with all these details, so next time I post I'll be hitched! (well, officially I already am, but this one is "the wedding" to me).
Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Happy happy! Sounds you got all the important stuff (vows, good food, good music, drinks) under control... everything else will fall into place. Congratulations and have so much fun. It will go by too quickly so enjoy every moment. I can't wait for the story.
    By the way-- and answer this when you return-- how do you deal with two anniversaries? Speedy & I are facing the issue as we are planning an ECHOE (Event Celebrating and Honoring Our Elopement) next summer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read your next update!! You're married now!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I just found your blog by clicking through someone else's, and was happily surprised to see mine on your blogroll! Thanks for reading.
    MAZEL TOV on your wedding! We got hitched a year ago, so I feel you on being overwhelmed by details and last-minute to-dos. I hope your day was fabulous.
    I'll be keeping up with you from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - exciting! Hope there was just enough adrenalin to make it all sparkle, and not enough to make sparks fly. Wishing you a beautiful day and bright reminder of your life hand in hand.

    And Keely - love that you're calling the anniversary party an ECHOE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keely,

    Love the ECHOE. Great idea. Two anniversaries is a lot to deal with for me, Chefy and I have totally forgotten our yearly anniversaries for the last two years (sad but true). I would say we're just gonna stick to this latest date and keep it at that. Maybe you and Speedy could celebrate both- you seem much more organized than me, and why not celebrate it all? It's all important.

    ReplyDelete