9.07.2009

X.Saw.Schun.

Holiday weekends are always busy at our wee restaurant. We fed a record number of people this Saturday, and had lines and hour-plus the entire weekend. I'm not complaining about any of these facts (the best problem to have, really), just unwinding and still admiring my chefy for making food people are willing to stand in line for.
Last weekend I stood in my oldest friends wedding. It was a lovely quaint outdoor affair with 140 straight people whom chefy and I had the always-entertaining-and-almost-always-awkward marriage conversation with. We're getting married next month, but what does that mean? Is is legal? Can you two really get married? You already got married? (veerry confused face on straight white guy)..but so then you're really just having a party? Uuuuuugggh. These conversations could be fodder for a great comic rant on straight privledge and ignorance, but I'm too busy explaining legal precedent and judgement on gay marriage in CA to write that rant. Anyone interested? And needless to say that the guests at the wedding weren't simply the nicest and most genuine straight people, it just gets a bit tiring to have to explain your entire life to strangers ten times in one night. Okay, someone should call the whambulance, I'm done. Promise.

Oh, except for the fact that my sweetie was the only person of color there. That was awesome too. Yikes, look at me, I've become that cynical dyke, haven't I? Oh screw it. I am cynical. I love my friend and was thrilled to be a part of her wedding. So there.

Moving on.. I've found an OBGYN whom I want an appointment with. I've called her office a few times to get a quote for an un-insured intro exam, but no one seems to be able to answer that one. I'm paying cash for a lot of things these days, why not healthcare? Maybe I'll postpone it until after the wedding. Chefy and I spend all our free minutes scratching things off our wedding TODO list. Exciting, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment