So for Christmas, Chefy and I decided to go to the pound with PooMan and pick out a kitten-one that is more outgoing than our current cat, Tallulah. Tallulah, while I'm sure she loves her some PooMan, never goes near the very energetic 8-yr old. So this cat we thought, should have a bit less inhibition. Well oh boy did we ever get a cat with less inhibition. This cat is ready to play ALL THE TIME. After arriving home from a veeeerrrry busy day at work (the holidays at the restaurant are insane,) I find the cat has managed to scale about five feet up the closet shelves and in the process has broken umpteen thing that live on said shelves. He is one energetic kitten alright. Now we're not sure what to do. Talullah is definetely NOT a fan of the kitten (although its only been 4 days,) and we're not sure we have enough time to give this kitten the attention he needs. As sad as it seems, I don't think we'll be able to keep him. Boo. I wish this post were a bit more lovely, but that's where we are. Not much happening in TTC land, still twidling the 'ol thumbs and keeping track of my cycle.
The holidays have not been as chill as I had expected. Chefy and I enjoyed a Christmas Eve Gospel choir show, Christmas blowout with the PooMan, new kitten, Christmas day meal with 10 friends, and then restaurant staff holiday party on the 26th. These events all happen in addition to the restaurant being extremely busy. So while not the relaxed holiday I was hoping, it has all been enjoyed in good holiday cheer.
I have been enjoying everything I've been reading out here in TTCblogosphere, with births, BFPs and whatnot!
Oh! And in baking news, I have managed to bake two beautiful loaves of Challah. They were gorgeous and tasty to boot! Now onto brioche!
12 years ago

Congrats in the challah! That is no mean feat!
ReplyDeleteSorry you are having trouble with the new kitty. Four days may be too soon to judge-- they do tend to settle down after a while, but I remember the kitten years of one of my cats in particular (incidentally, the coolest cat ever now)-- he was a nonstop terror, and I'd come home to find him swinging in a hanging plant or crouched atop the door waiting to attack. The LASER POINTER saved my life. Fer real.
Aaah good point. Laser pointer. Haven't pulled out that one yet. It has been great getting some miles out of all the toys our older cat just yawns at...
ReplyDeleteI feel you on the doldrums.
ReplyDeleteRegarding the kitten, it happens. We ended up giving away a cat who had lived with us for over a year because it took us that long to acknowledge that he just wasn't a good fit for us.
We have 2 girls now who have grown up with us. One's shy and one's a lap cat, but they are each other's BFFs.
Sounds like a crazy, fun holiday. PooMan is so lucky to have gotten a kitten! I hope she settles down soon.
ReplyDeleteYum, challah.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the kitten and whatever you decide to do!