12.07.2009

New Post

It's cold here. Chillingly cold for us. Brr. I am holiday shopping, dealing with family issues (isn't that what the holidays are about?!), and thinking about the two short months that separate Chefy and I from that initial IUI. This morning in bed we talked about starting what she called a "Pre-Baby List," compromised of things we need to get done before that first round. Being very much a Virgo, I can tell that she's getting into baby mode in her own very planned and organized way. (yes!) Last night was the holiday party for our building. It was fun...a total random assortment of totally weird people dancing, eating, and getting just a wee bit tipsy. There was a young dyke-ish looking couple who were watching a little girl. They were adorable and made my heart all warm and fuzzy. That combined with having lunch with an old friend who is currently 37 weeks with her first, has made me just feel more secure and excited about having a child. Helltotheyeah.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, yay! Glad to hear y'all are planning--very very smart! I am also married to a Virgo, and we had a similar list. We also happen to be lazy, though, and haven't checked many things off of it!
    Hope family drama is mild this season. Glad you had fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I painted our entire condo before our first try. I have never accomplished so much in my LIFE. It was a great feeling to know we were "ready" when the time came to start trying. Of course it took a little longer than we'd have liked but once I was pregnant I was very grateful that I did not have to worry about any big projects!
    As for family drama... ugh... I'm living it right now too! Gotta love how the holiday season brings us all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, good baby vibes in the air. You're better planners than us (though we better get on the ball now, I guess!) Next time, we'll be so much more informed, though. It's a relief to know that. And I hear you on the family drama - between the two of us, there's always some to go around. Nothing like the holidays to bring it out, too! But now we've got a little bean to focus on, which makes it more bearable. I say that now, of course, before we're actually cooped up with said drama.

    ReplyDelete