1.25.2010

Alright Already

Enough lurking, time to post!
I am realizing recently that over the past few months I have made a conscious effort to censor myself and not post as often as I'd like because I haven't "officially" started to get pregnant yet and didn't want to take up space in our wee lesbian TTC blogland. Sitting here I realize that that rationale is total and utter bullsh*t, and that these last months I have been preparing my body to house a babe (hopefully) have TOTALLY been part of my entire TTC journey. What the hell was I thinking?!? Even Chefy read this blog last week (she isn't so into the blogging thing), and told me that she was glad that she'd read it, b/c it helped her understand my pregnancy process. Awww...
Anyway, so now I'm going to stop censoring myself and post whenever I stinkin feel like it. So there.

In recent news, last week I had went to both my acupucturist and OB. The OB and I had our final talk before starting round one the first week in March. I got a pap and we talked details. She's all ready for my call on CD1 to schedule the first IUI, which will not be this next cycle, but the following. Why am I waiting another cycle, you might ask, when I seem so damned prepared? Chefy and I have decided to have a last hurrah before this whole thing starts so we're going to Mardi Gras! This will be my first and Chefy is all excited to show me how crazy and wonderful her hometown can get. I really couldn't imagine being in New Orleans during Mardi Gras and wondering if I am pregnant, so try #1 will just have to wait until early March. I can't wait!  (for both).
Acupuncture is turing out to be my favorite hour of the week. It is so incredibly relaxing and makes me feel like I'm doing something good for myself. Next on my list is to start up yoga again. I've been exercising more, eating a TON more vegetables, and cut out (most) sugar recently (does anyone love greek yogurt with honey like I do?) I also have managed to kind of give up my water-processed decaf for green tea. Good times, good times.
On the donor front (thanks Shroe for asking), Chefy and I have decided on a great Fillipino guy from CCB who is musical and likes to cook gourmet food! He has proven pregnancies and his baby pic is very cute. Everything is in place, now all we have to do is wait approx. 35 more days. Wish me luck!

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG! You guys picked the same donor as us. Holy Shit. Can you imagine if we both are successful? I'm teary thinking about it.

    And yes, his baby picture is very adorable! Tam looks like that in her baby pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i'm glad you ended your self-imposed silence, I was beginning to wonder what was up with you guys. I couldnt agree more on the acupuncture front, and welcome back to blogland..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Post away Libberal - I love reading your updates. And posting before you officially start trying? You're just giving the build-up to the first attempt extra dramatic tension! That is TOO NUTS that you and Pom have chosen the same donor! I mean, we know that there are a bunch of us out there, but making the connection before you even get preggo is pretty amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS amazing! I have a friend who freaked out when I mentioned the sibling donor database because she would like to think that she is the only person to have child by her donor, but I think it's kind of cool to have "diblings" around the world.
    Happy you are posting again. New Orleans sounds GREAT. I am going in May-- send any recs my way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I think it's very cool that we are using the same donor, Pom. Very exciting. If it works out with both of us with this donor, we are in it for the long haul, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and I am excited to follow along! I too was concerned about prematurely blogging but eventually I decided to just go with it… Documenting the full process I guess. Best of luck in the days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippeee!! So excited for your trip and for your first round. Have a blast in NOLA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, Greek yogurt and honey. I think I'll have to pick one up on my way to work for lunch tomorrow. I'm glad to hear that you've picked a donor, it's so much fun to have the baby picture and dream about your future child. Have a great time at Mardi Gras, it sounds like a wonderful last hurrah before you do your first insem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I felt the same way when I began, and I forced myself to get over it as well. It's all relevant to the journey! I think it's great that you're having a last hurrah in Mardi Gras of all places! I've never been there, but I can only imagine the fun you'll have! I'm excited to follow along when the other fun begins in March. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck on your first try! I really hope you are one of the fortunate people who get it their first try. I am also in the San Francisco area and am looking for an acupuncturist. If you wouldnt mind, could you please give me the name of yours? Thank you and have fun at Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey- it's your blog and everything that's happening in your life is apart of getting there.

    Hope Nawlins is a blast for you this Mardi Gras.I'm over the moon that the SA.INTS are in the superbowl.Having grown up with Mardi Gras it plays second fiddle to my enjoyment of all the foods i grew up with in NOLA. That's what i usually do,visit all my favorite restaurants in the Quarter and try to discover some new out of the way places as well.

    "Throw me something Mister"

    ReplyDelete