This last winter Chefy and I hosted a great charity dinner at our restaurant for some parents of PooMan's classmates:
I think it was fun for Chefy to get back into her fine-dining mode and make some yummy food. Everyone loved it!
Early winter also brought my parents out to see us and the PooMan and to make some wedding decisions.
Early spring brought a visit from my brother and his new girlfriend, some wonderful hikes around the bay:
Of course we celebrated Mardi Gras, San Francisco style, with some friends:
March was PooMan's eighth birthday, complete with weird green cake!
In early June, I traveled back to Iowa to celebrate my Grandmother's 90th birthday. I also finished my first intensive darkroom class, and managed to pull off a decent final project (photos too large to scan). Chefy and I also finished the purchase of the laundromat adjacent to our current restaurant space, and thus serious expansion plans began!
Late August my dad upheld his title as the first place whislter at the Iowa State Fair, three years running. Tourist season continued, as did wedding plans, throughout the the late summer.
Early September Chefy and I traveled to WA for my oldest friends' wedding, which I stood in as her only attendent. The wedding was on Lummi island and was absolutely beautiful. We spent that weekend crabbing, picking blackberries and eating some delicious northwest salmon.
Fall continued with our wedding!

It was wonderful. Most defintely the best part of 2009. After the wedding, Chefy and I spent 6 days in Paris, where we ate and drank our way through the city!
Late fall brought back-to-normal work, a wonderful thanksgiving with Chefy's family in NOLA, and then Christmas and holiday planning at the restaurant. For Christmas, Chefy, PooMan and I kept it low-key, with the biggest surprise being a new kitten from SPCA. We've named him Sputnick (at PooMan's suggestion) and have decided to keep the rascally baby kitten.
So here's to 2009, a year full of family, milestones, and just general all-around loveliness, and to 2010 being even better!


That was cool. I feel like I know you guys a little bit better now! :)
ReplyDeleteFantastic! I love that your dad is reining champion whistler of the state fair! It looks like you have a wonderful life with Chefy & Poo Man. I hope it only gets better in 2010.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI love this - I'm inspired to do one, too! It's such a nice little window into your lives. Somehow I missed that Chefy is a real live fancy chef. That food. Yum.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures - thanks for sharing them. It looks like 2009 was a good one. I hope 2010 is equally exciting!
ReplyDeleteOops, initially, I misread the post and thought that those lovely first photos were of a meal that was made for PooMan and his classmates. I was starting to get mighty jealous of the elementary school students! Thanks for sharing the pictures, I hope 2010 includes lots of belly shots!
ReplyDeleteI am drooooooling over those first two photos. YUM.
ReplyDeleteand I love your wedding photos, especially the candid group shot! I really appreciate off-the-wall wedding pics.
Looks like 2009 was an awesome year, but here's to 2010 being even better. xoxo