DISCLAIMER: Detailed grossness included in this post. Please read *only* if you're comfy reading about other ladies' CM.
So today is CD16 for me, which for three cycles running is my Positive OPK day. This AM while elegantly and gracefully reaching b/w my legs to pee in a cup (really its a lovely glass votive holder) I noticed the most disgusting, and incredible thing making its way down toward the agua in the bowl. I'm not sure the best way to describe it, but it reminded me of an albino banana slug on a diet. I know. Like I said, gross and awesome.
It was the best, longest, eggwhite-est, CM I've ever seen come out of my body. Seriously disgusting and incredible. I'm not just telling you this to gross you out. I was very impressed and excited by this witnessing. It just was thrilling to see the strange and fascinating things your body will do in order to get you pregnant. Awesome. I can't wait to make good use of that sticky substance come early March.
In donor news, Chefy has been spending the day narrowing her favorite choices down. Let's go baby!
12 years ago

Let's go baby! I had to put down my glass of wine after reading that (which is an incredible feat in itself!) but yeah, it IS amazing. I have to confess that I have NEVER checked my CM and am unsure how, exactly, one does so without special equipment. Lucky for you, it just comes on over and introduces itself!
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting! Who thought we'd be in a place where we get excited about the super-stretchy cervical mucus.
ReplyDeleteHard to believe, too, that before TTC I didn't know why I had that extra slime on the toilet paper a few days a month. This process certainly teaches you about your body!
Hooray for EWCM! Are you taking evening primrose oil? It was almost comical how much EWCM I had when I took that stuff.
ReplyDeleteI'm not, Gayby, but maybe I should be!
ReplyDeleteYES! Awesome. Mazel tov! (tee hee)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! It's true. Who KNEW what our bodies were doing all this time that we didn't even know to appreciate.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, does everyone love your blog name as much as I do? I mean, did everyone else answer the phone with "Star Trek?" when someone dared to call during NG time in the early-to-mid 90s? Uh...did I just reveal my hidden geekiness?
Earl Grey tea. Hot.
- Ruby (breathedragon.wordpress.com)