2.20.2010

Fat Tuesday

We had the best time in NOLA for Mardi Gras. While I didn't get as many food porn pics (sorry Shroe,) I did get some funny pictures of the many, many parades we went to. 
 
Throw me some beads!!


See the kid on top of the ladder behind Chefy.. This is what everyone does there. Puts their children on ladders to catch beads. Fascinatingly weird. 


I thought it was strange that most of the caucasian Krewes costumes resembled KKK outfits. Also fascinatingly weird. Especially for a yankee like me. 

  
But enough about deep-seated pseudo racist yet culturally accepted carnival traditions, look at all the pointless plastic I've accumulated!!!! 

But really, it was a great time. I am reminded every time we travel south of that old Mason Dixon just how different Louisiana can be. Despite all the fascinating weirdness, Chefy and I had an amazing time. We saw family, partied, ate way too much pork and fried seafood, and generally had a wicked time. But enough fun, let's get back to bizznach. 

So all our ducks are officially in a row. After a very unhealthy week, I am back on that pre-preggers wagon and damn does it feel good. I am currently on CD3, and my AF is kicking my ass. Chefy has been telling me my period is "bleeding like it's her last time..." too funny. I've talked with my OB, my acupuncturist, and all systems are go. Now all I have to do is order the sperm and we're live! 

In other not so great news, Chefy and I have been arguing a LOT lately. The stress of beginning this crazy important step in our lives is stressing us out, and it sucks. Have any of you folks experienced pre-insemination tribulations? Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. Mardi Gras looks like a blast. I'd like to go to New Orleans again some time, but that is a lifestyle we have been avoiding for the last 6 months.

    As for your question, we actually started arguing after the first insemination. Apparently I was hyper-emotional due to the Clomid. I had also started cutting down on coffee so I'm sure there was some withdrawal stuff going on. I kept telling Tam she didn't understand how tired I was. I was so pissed at her for being so insensitive. I dunno. It was a rough TWW.

    My verification word today is subrishi. All of a sudden, I'm hungry for sushi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOLA looks amazing! I went down for Marti Gras in college and would love to go back at some point. I totally remember the ladder thing, odd for sure!

    As for the arguing, W and I are both pretty non-confrontational (yes, read that as passive aggressive if you will) people, but as soon as we learned that our first cycle didnt work, I wanted to _completely_ wallow in the misery of it all. It was hard for W because she was upset as well, but felt kind of helpless to control it. That might be the case with you guys too, as it gets into 'go time' its hard to be the one who wants it just as much, but has less control.

    ...hm, sushi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding? TTC was absolutely THE most stressful time in our relationship. It's nice to imagine that it would be all romantic / warm fuzzies/ puppies and rainbows, but nothing could be further from the truth. Everyone seems to have a shorter fuse when they're spending loads of money trying to make a baby. Don't worry ladies, it's not just you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like NOLA was a hedonistic blast. Good job, y'all!

    I think TTC is just like any other major life change--it affects your current life. You're considering bringing a whole entire human into the world together. Your relationships, with each other, with Poo Man, with work, and with the new little one are all going to change, and now that you've started this process, nothing will ever be the same again. I'd be worried if it WEREN'T affecting your relationship! Starting TTC is a huge deal. In other words, don't worry--this is a rite of passage.
    That said, I am ecstatic that your raging AF means that your first (and hopefully only) try has begun!

    ReplyDelete