Leave it to the curious 8 yr old to pick up the ONE new object in the house and ask, "what's this?" as he opens the bills of the speculum wide with his wee fingers. While I attempt to explain, he loses interest and moves on to much more exciting things, like his Ben Ten Alien Stopwatch! Go figure.
Anyway, I have finally gotten around to start looking at my cervix. I know. It's bad. I've been charting for what....eight(!) months now and have JUST started getting serious. Bad me, no cookies.
My cervix (should you all be on the edge of your seats to know) seems to be doing just fine. She sits back there all pink and pretty and kind of winks at me when I shine a light on her. I think she's getting annoyed with the attention. She seems to be saying, "when the hell are you going to get around to actually using me, already, geez." Or something like that. All in due time, dear Cervy...all in due time.
My questions to you cervix experts out there is how can you tell the difference b/w high vs. low and firm vs. soft? My lady seems high and soft all the time, but then again I have only been looking for 6 days. Is it just a question of time to tell the difference? This might seem like a completely obvious question, but I am curious about the answer to that particular question as well as asking how much cervix monitoring has played a part in everyone's insems. Stories, advice, jokes...all responses welcomed. Thanks!
12 years ago

hm, I _think_ soft and high you have to figure out with your finger not the speculum, but we've never been able to. We stick with open/closed (which is pretty obvious once you've seen good ol cervy for a full cycle). Good luck! it can be really fun to watch her progress!
ReplyDeleteFigboiler was really into the CM monitoring.Ask them.
ReplyDeleteYou know, for all my go-go-tracking rhetoric, I haven't actually been getting to know my cervix. Temps and CM was it for me, but I am impressed by the idea of inserting a speculum in one's self. I still freakin hate that speculum. Hate hate hate it.
ReplyDeleteMy at-home experiments with the speculum were all about increasing my familiarity and comfort with the damn thing, not cervix monitoring. I think that on your fertile days, the little opening will be really wide and your CM will be gushing out like a tiny little waterfall. Something to look forward to! Teehee
ReplyDelete