I'm currently sitting at my parents' kitchen table while they are at church with my grandmother. (my atheism is my father's only dissapointment with me lol..) and I have to tell you, there is nothing like spending a few days with my family to get me right in the head after what' been going on in TTC land.
I have spent the last three days processing this whole experience with both of them. From cycle details, to cervix and insemination talk (with mom only), to talking about the donor, to all of us talking hopefully about the next time I get pregnant...it's been a great way for me to heal and be able to think positively about starting to try again.
So I feel ready. I've O'd while I'm here, so a month from now we can try again. Until then, I'm going to enjoy my wife and take comfort that I did get pregnant on my first try. whoo hoo!
12 years ago

I'm glad you're having this rejuvenating time with your family.
ReplyDeleteThat’s a great way to look at it. You DID get pregnant and you will again! :) Glad you're enjoying time with family.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are spending quality time with the family! Sounds like you have a great plan. Something tells me you will not be on the ttc-side of this ride for long.
ReplyDeleteFamily really does cure all -- its really great that you have their support. Early in this process we decided not to tell our parents until we are actually pregnant -- at first we thought it would save them the stress -- but at this point we might be going to them for support :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you've been able to get the R&R and family time / support. Sounds perfect. I second Schroe, too. :)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you are finding the healing you need and deserve.
ReplyDelete