One. I am talking with my oldest friend a few days ago and mentioned the m/c. (we are close, and I knew she would put a realistic yet positive spin on it. Did she ever.) She says.. "didn't I tell you..." and proceeds to fill me in on the fact that a couple months ago her period was a week late (she is very regular), and that she took a hpt that day and it was negative. That night she started her period, which was abnormaly crampy, abnormaly heavy, and with abnormal tissue. Hm. Realizing we have been through the same thing, she offers no apology to me (an act of which I am not only not offended, but relieved) and says...."sometimes I think it just takes a woman's body a couple of times to make it stick." Fascinating theory, indeed. Did I mention that she's a biologist? Gotta love some old friend wisdom sometimes.
Two. Spring is here, and it is lovely. Got out of the house today for the first time in what felt like a thousand years. My body is now officially in love with sunshine and fresh air, and over feeling like crap.
Three. I am leaving on a fabulous distraction of a trip. First to Chicago for two days to see my siblings, and then back to my homeland, Iowa, for some parent-love. I will eat my weight in corn-fed beef, spring garden veggies, and ballpark franks while there. Can't wait. Ooh. And some deep dish.
PS. I am so crazy happy for all the bfp's around this place lately. Congrats ladies and partners of ladies. This makes me wanna get up and dance my pants off. Maybe I will. Kudos!
12 years ago

Spring IS here and it is lovely, isn't it? We deserve all this sunshine! I hope it continues to brighten your spirits.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy that good midwestern fare. I think (maybe) I saved some deep dish for you. :)
Wise words from your biologist friend. Get some of that family r & r and come back to try again. It WILL work again - I just know it!
Indeed, I think the kind of early loss you experienced is ridiculously common and often goes unnoticed by women who aren't trying as hard as we are to get pregnant. It's nice to have some perspective. And a good, no-nonsense friend. And to have some examples of your friend's theory here on the blogs - Shroe got pregnant again right away, and her betas are very strong this time. I hope the same thing happens for you.
ReplyDeleteAND I hope you're back in San Fran in time for Rosita and I to see you the weekend of the 23rd!!
So glad you've got some rejuvenating things coming your way. I've been thinking about you.
ReplyDelete