4.29.2010

If at first you do not succeed...

CD 9 and I'm getting geared up and ready for this next try. I haven't started OPK's yet, but am checking my cervix, watching my CM, taking all my (freakin) supplements, and have ordered the sperm for delivery for next Tuesday, which will be CD 14. Can I tell you that I am SO looking forward to lugging that huge tank into the teeny tiny waiting room chock-filled with enormously pregnant women at my OB's office? Yeah. Good times. Nothing like a liquid nitrogen tank sitting between two women holding hands with huge beaming smiles on their faces that screams "We're here to get knocked up!" Also fun is accepting the tank from our front desk guy in our building. Hey, guess what we're going to do upstairs with this thing?!!? Sigh.

So the plan is basically the same as last time. I'm looking for a faint positive (will probs happen somewhere b/w CD15 and 16) at which time we'll do the at-home insem (with lots of love and probably some orgasm(s)). Then we wait until the OPK really turns positive, and we head to the OB to sit with our baby-tank in that nerve-wracking waiting room. OR I don't wait until it turns positive and go if all my other signs are telling me to. We'll see. I went back and forth about doing three insems this time around (2 at home and 1 IUI), just to cover all my bases, but figure if two worked enough to get me pregnant last time, hopefully it will work this time. If not, then three next cycle it is.

Emotionally, things are excellent. I have to tell you readers, that I had the BEST time with Ruby and Rose during their short visit here. Now.. I have known Rose for some time, and so it was wonderful to see her again after a few years, catch up, talk about the old days, and just see her lovely face. But. I also have to tell you how incredibly rewarding and informative and generally all-around amazing it was to meet Ruby (who is so chill and lovely) in person to talk shop about this whole blogland we semi-live in, our TTC processes, and what the future holds for us. It was like I had known her for years, through all we knew about each others' intimate lives. I will admit that I was initially a wee nervous about meeting Ruby, as when we both discovered we knew Rose, I was pregnant and she was not. Now quite the opposite is true, and I had a fleeting moment of panic where I thought it would be difficult. But. That was not at all the case, and instead of feeling weird or sad about my situation, I felt completely at peace with my own non-pregnant state and completely thrilled for Ruby's. We had a great time just getting to know one another, and talking through the entirely crazy world that lesbian TTC can be and is most times. And today's u/s news totally made my week. I could not be happier for my old friend, her new wife, and the wee dragon. Kudos!

So that's what's happening here. Probably CD11 I'll start OPK's, and we'll go from there. I am feeling great about this cycle and am just appreciative of being able to get back in the game and have all the excitement and anticipation that I had the first time around. Wish me luck!

Oh! And added bonus- Ruby totally flew her extra Evil P all the way from her native land to lil 'ol me, for my upcoming cycle. How awesome is that? Thanks again, Rubes!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for the new cycle! Sounds like everything is perfectly on track again. We're rooting for ya!
    Yay for seeing old friends and making new ones also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. im excited for you and your cycles.. i am doing testing OPK's I did one this morning. Nothing. I wont start until August. This may be a stupid question, but I can also look it up on the internet (haha) but how do you check your cervix ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. C-
    Grab a speculum, a flashlight and a mirror, get comfy, do some deep breathing, and explore. Also, there are several books out there to help you along.. Stephanie Brill's book and another book titled "Taking Charge of your Fertility" are good resources.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, your post made me cry. I too felt like I'd known you for a long time and found I was more comfortable hanging out with you than I was seeing some of my old and dear friends I hadn't seen in a while. I'm so glad we made it happen and I'm glad it worked out so well. Now let's get you knocked up so we can start planning our family vacations! ;) Good luck with this cycle. It seems like you really understand your body and its signals, so between that and the fact that we know you can get pregnant I have high hopes for you guys. I hope the Evil P does not turn you into the moody bitch it did me! xoxox

    ReplyDelete