11.17.2009

I love Pink!

So first off, thanks for all those great comments from you ladies about the donor debacle I've been going through- your insight helps me just to digest this process and understand the realities of what I'm getting myself (ourselves) into. So thanks. A lot. Mucho.

I am currently on CD20 for this cycle, and for the first time, it seems that I have NOT ovulated on CD19, but instead, CD14! Good 'ol FF gave me a CD 14 ovulation date this time, which made me feel great about being more "normal" as it were (why I use this word, I don't know. Really I hate this word). If they're right, that makes me CD14 with a 28 day cycle. Yay! If they're wrong (which I have a teeeensly feeling they are,) then who the hell knows! I love reading the posts from those of you who have discontinued your memberships and thrown away your thermometers. I'm almost there myself. Sigh.

Also, my OPK gave me a positive on CD15?!?!?! Hmmmm. Here's a pic:
 

These have been lying around for five days and have faded just a wee bit, but the day-of, that CD15 was dark. It made me *very* happy. Oh and I'm a dolt for writng DPO, I really meant CD. Oops.
So this cycle has surprised me in a good way. Hopefully I can keep this up!
In donor news, Chefy and I have been having some good talks, and have decided that while we're going forward with finding PooMan's donor, we are realistic that it is a Long Shot, and that come February we will reconsider where we are at and how we want to proceed. This has also put a little step back in my step, as I know that she is not entirely hellbent on finding the original donor and that our options are open as far as donors, timing, etc. Gives me hope, ya  know? Gotta love negotiation.

On another exciting note, tomorrow morning is my first appt. with the OB that has been strongly recommended to me (and consequently is a regular at our restaurant). I'm stoked to have a lot of test and bloodwork done and to get the process started with her. If any of you want to offer up any last-minute advice this evening on first doctor visits, feel free to fling 'em my way.


2 comments:

  1. Pink looks great on you! ;)
    I'm really, really glad to hear that you're thinking ahead to Plan B if finding PooMan's donor doesn't work out. It's so smart of you to be considering all of the possibilities ahead of time, or at least thinking about your intentions now. In the moment it can be hard to think these things through in a thoughtful way.
    Hope your appointment went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the clinic is able to find PooMan's donor, and that he's willing to donate again! Is the clinic going to keep you updated on their progress in finding the donor / getting him to donate?

    ReplyDelete