DISCLAIMER: This post contains much giddiness. Be forewarned.
So I had the first OB appointment this morning and let me tell you folks it was AMAZING. I'm not kidding. It was so much more lovely and exciting and fabulous than I ever expected. Can I please please tell you the details because I am so excited I'm having a hard time sitting still.....
So I chose this OB cuz as I've mentioned previously, she came recommended and she's a regular in our restaurant. I haven't officially introduced myself to her, but as soon as she walked in the examining room, she's all.."I know you!" which totally put me at ease right away. I came right out and told her that Chefy and I are going to start trying, and she was immediately totally excited (she's a dyke with a wife and two kids herself.) We had a great conversation about tests to take and when to take them, she counseled me on the insurance issue, sperm issues, and we discussed IUI's at her office. We talked cycles, supplements, and timing, all in great detail. She referred to me as a "spring chicken" as far as fertility, which I took as a compliment and thought was totally hokey and sweet. She was very optimistic about me getting pregnant and kept talking about how exciting the process is going to be. Seriously. Keeper.
And the ultimate kicker? During the appointment, she mentioned a midwife that works in her office that Chefy and I know! At the end of the appointment as she was escorting me to the receptionist to schedule a next appointment, she walked by said midwifes office so I could go in a say hi. This midwife had *just* been at our wedding and has known Chefy for about 15 years. She gave me a huge hug and they both stood there and told me how excited they are for me and that if I ever wanted to talk to them, I could just come to their office! How kizmet is this!?? I was walking on clouds as I exited that office. It was awesome.
So of course I headed straight to the restaurant to tell Chefy. What are the chances that we find an OB who loves our restaurant, who is a married lesbian mom, and who works with a midwife who is a long-time friend? We had no idea our midwife friend worked at this office! What an amazing coincidence! It was an awesome appointment and it made me feel like this whole thing is meant to happen.
Something karmic is going on right now, in a good way. Yesterday Chefy and I had an appointment at the DMV. We all know what hell that place can be. BUT. We walked out about 30 minutes later with new plates we thought we would have to wait for in the mail, and they were only $20! Totally good stuff.
Anyway, I am going to try and go calm down now. And call my mother. Cheers!
12 years ago

Hooray! That is amazing-- and slightly jealous-making-- how fabulous for you. It sounds like you are off to a great start. For some reason my comments made from my work computer have been going into the great big void, but I've been following! This is great news! What supplements/when did she recommend starting?
ReplyDeleteWhat a great appointment! I hope it is the start of many great bits of news, and I'm glad you're going into this journey with so much positivity.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! As far as supplements, I told her what I've been taking; TJ's prenats, flaxseed and fish oil. She mentioned that if the prenats were too much, that I could just take the straight folic acid. I also talked with her about the whole "Fertility Foe" charting. She told me that I could do whatever I wanted online, but that she is really going to time my inseminations based on my OPK history alone. I think what I'm going to do then is just tell FF to base my OV date on the OPK's, instead of temps.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I forgot something. Just to keep it real, as much as my karma has been good lately, I also got two, count 'em TWO parking tickets today. Ouch. I'll take the bad with the good, thank you very much!
ReplyDeleteWow! She definitely sounds like a keeper. I've been dreading going to the DMV tomorrow (which I am crazy overdue for), and your post made me feel considerably more optimistic about going.
ReplyDeleteI would love to go to your and Chefy's restaurant, will you email me (figboiler@gmail.com) the info? I'm always looking for good food in this new city of mine.
Yay - she sounds fabulous. It makes such a difference having care providers who are "on side" and treat you like human beings.
ReplyDeleteAWESOME! I'm so thrilled for you that you have such a kickass practice. (also a little jealous, let's be honest)
ReplyDeleteThings are definitely lining up for you, lady. So exciting!
Yay for a good dr. appt! We had the hardest time finding someone we liked and felt respected by (okay, we found one on the second try, but still!) SO SO glad for you guys. Ps also, non-savvy me, just found your blog. Hello! And I hear you on the parking tickets. I'm the unluckiest parking ticket-getter on the planet.
ReplyDelete