So thanks to this new mama for tagging me on this post. Here's my version. And yes, a stack of pancakes sounds delicious. If this is boring, it is only because I am a bad writer. My life is full of adventure, mystery, and excitement. ;)
Oh! And I want to tag J and D on this one, I would love to read more of ya'll answers!
Okay here goes.
1. What is the color of your toothbrush? I'm not sure. I think blue and white. It's big and soft, just the qualities I look for in toothbrushes and pillows.
2. Name one person who made you smile today. Chefy made me laugh, but does that count? Not sure if I remember just smiling. Reminder to self- smile more.
3. What were you doing at 8am this morning? Watching hungry and eager customers pour into our restaurant. I then got them all coffee. A lot of it.
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? Writing the very last of the thank you card from the wedding. Yipee it's over!!!!
5. What is your favorite candy bar? Oooooooh candy. Yuuuuummmm candy. If I let myself, I could eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup every hour on the hour. Wouldn't life be grand if that was reality?
6. Have you been to a strip club? Yesindeedy. First one I went to was with my first girlfriend, 10 years ago in New Orleans. We spent a lot of money we didn't have and had a great time.
7. What is the last thing you said out loud? It is? (in response to Chefy telling me that the huge poinsetta plant we got from our hilarious older Chinese neighbor-lady is bleeding milk). Do poinsettas bleed milk? I think my wife is loca.
8. What is your favorite ice cream? Coffee. Also coffee is my favorite beverage. Well, besides white wine.
9. What is the last thing you had to drink? Wait, I'm getting up right now to pour myself a glass of champange. That will make the answer to this question way more interesting.
10. Do you like your wallet? What kind of question is this? Weird. But yes, I do. It's a black leather envelope.
11. What is the last thing you ate? After service our sous chef made us all yummy fettucini with mushrooms, chicken, bacon, herbs and tomatoes in a cream sauce that was spicy and kind of smokey. All our servers who are trying to loose weight couldn't resist and had a huge bowl each.
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Sadly....no. :( I am a clothes whore. Whore for clothes. BUT. We are now poor because we decided to get married. So no clothes for me. It was worth it though.
13.The last sporting event you watched? US Open, at friends' house watching that 17 yr-old whoop some old tennis lady ass.
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? Again, strange. Um, I like the popcorn that tastes like...popcorn.
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to? Lemmme look. Oh, my fab fag friend Stephen and I have been sending each other funny texts about him pussy-sitting our feline while we're in NOLA for Turkey day. I think he just likes to say the word pussy.
16. Ever go camping? Sure. Not with the family when I was little but with high school friends, girlfriends, Chefy. My first gf was a crazy outdoors person. She made me spend 10 days in the Boundry Waters once. Last time Chefy and I went was two years ago...
17. Do you take vitamins daily? Yup. TJ's prenats, Flaxseed, Fish Oil, and Bee Pollen. Why and I capitalizing everything? Must be the champagne..
18. Do you go to church every Sunday? Haven't done that since they made me go for confirmation.
19. Do you have a tan? A wee bit leftover from the wedding.
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza? Have to go with thebao's answer on this one. The generalization of Chinese food category leaves it hard to answer. I should just say pizza then.
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw? Hm..don't drink soda. Sometimes I drink mineral water with a straw. Thrilling, I know.
22. What did you last text message say? How bout 6ish
23. What are you doing tomorrow? In this order; bank, restaurant, laundry, cleaning house, packing, grocery run, packing again, sleeping.
24. Favorite color? Red.
25. Look to your left, what do you see? Antique-style radio on which I listen to NPR, checking account statement for the restaurant, USB port, Jonathan Adler giftbox containing nothing, a mini pumpkin, a picture of the PooMan stirring dry ice, "how to cook everything" by Mark Bittman, about 500 other cookbooks, some pretty chinese soup bowls...
26. What color is your watch? I own one my mother bought for me that I wore the semester I taught a college class. It's silver.
27. What do you think of when you hear "Austrailia?" I think of the book by Bill Bryson about Austraila, where he talks about the southeast coast where there are the oldest living organisms on the planet. Fascinating. I have also been to Australia myself, but this is what I think of..weird.
28. Would you strip for money? This would depend on how much I needed the money..
29. Do you go to a fast food place or just hit the drivethru? Haven't done this in a couple years, but would probably just drivethru if I did.
30. What is your favorite number? Probably 3. Or 11.
31. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone? I called one of my servers this morning at 8:45, wondering if she was planning on coming into work. She was sleeping. This was weird b/c she is always on time.
32. Any plans today? Well, tonight I will be finishing this totally long list of questions and then follow my wife around the house. Just kidding. I don't know, probably not much.
33. In how many states have you lived? 4: Iowa, Oregon, Washington, and California
34. Biggest annoyance right now? P, our server who is young and flirts with everyone, even at my wife in front of me. She's lovely, but young and doesn't really get those boundaries yet.
35. Last song listened to? Signed, sealed and delivered by Stevie Wonder
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards? I would beg the question why?
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house? Once I did, right before the wedding when we were crazy busy. Not a bad idea, though, cuz I'm not the best on staying on top of it. Although please refer to question #23.
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? Lately black and white lizard skin flats.
39. Are you jealous of anyone? All those straight women with free access to fresh sperm 24/7.
40. Is anyone jealous of you? I would have to go with yes on this one also.
41. Do you love anyone? Totally. Yessiree.
42. Do any of your friends have children? Not immediate friends, but aquaintences.
43. What do you usually do during the day? Daily accounting and errands for our business, buying groceries, paying bills, working on the floor if it's Friday or Sunday, misc that needs to be done, etc..
44. Do you hate anyone you know right now? Nope.
45. Do you use the word hello daily? Um...yes.
46. What color is your car? Silver. And really it's less like a car and more like a large grocery cart.
47. What size wedding ring do you wear? I think it's a 6.
48. Are you thinking of someone right now? My wife, who is now pulling a melted burned plastic something out of the dishwasher. Smoke. Ick.
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Nope.
50. When is this list over? JK....How did you get your worst scar? 6 yrs old, Dad tickling me (my family are ticklers,) hit mouth against window ledge. Also have a big scar right on my blutious from riding a horse too long with a rip in my pants..
Done! Finally! Now I know you are so intriqued and fascinated by my answers. I am going to really start drinking now. Tallyho!
12 years ago

I would love to join you in this world where it's possible to eat peanut butter cups every hour. mmmmm....drool.
ReplyDeleteHa! This *was* a lot of questions (and a lot of strange ones), huh?
ReplyDeleteYour answers were great. I'm guessing you drive a smartcar?