3.04.2010

We Have Liftoff

It's official. We have started.

Last night: faint positive on OPK. Full ferning on lens. Cervix position is high and soft, with much CM springing forth. First at-home insemination with frozen sperm, 5:20 PM, with lots of resting and positive thinking afterwards.

This morning: Positive OPK. Full ferning on lens. Cervix position is high, soft and TOTALLY WIDE OPEN. First IUI with frozen sample at Dr. Lovely's office, complete with sperm sample viewed in microscope (damn those buggers were swimming, and there were tons!)  at 10.30 AM. Insems are 17 hours apart.

Currently: Resting on couch, eating crackers and cheese and watching documentaries on demand. Chefy and have had a very exciting last 20+ hours. We feel really good about the timing with both insems, and our Dr. Lovely was awesome. She exclaimed that my cervix was open to the size of a large pea, that there was an "awesome" amount of CM, and that the sperm sample was one of the "busiest" she's seen. She was very into showing Chefy everything about the IUI and let her push the plunger. She also gave us a couple nice tips for our next at-home attempt. That, and the price of the IUI was half what I thought it would be!

Overall, while I am keeping my expectations low (12% phooey), I am also lying on this couch allowing myself to visualize a pregnancy taking place right now. As I type. Yes.

Bring on the TWW!

11 comments:

  1. HOORAY! I am visualizing all those millions making their way past your dripping cervix and onward!

    This sounds like GREAT timing and I really hope this first experience is your last. Make it so, Number One!
    P.S. I love Dr. Lovely! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Excited to read this. Seems like time is flying - like I was just reading about how you were gearing up. And now liftoff! Sounds like everything lined up nicely. Come on juicy fertile cervix, come on swimmers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Everything sounds perfect! I am so excited for you guys!

    Swim, swim, swim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything sounds PERFECT! I am sure this is the one. What incredible timing you have. A wide open cervix AND lots of cervical mucous- YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you guys! Good luck with the
    TWW.

    Also, you make me want to start tracking my cervix, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have goosebumps! Sounds like all systems are a definite go. Good luck waiting out your first, and hopefully only, TWW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a good start - I'm happy that it went so smoothly for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fingers crossed for you. Everything seems so right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!! Sounds like the timing was perfect and all systems were a Go. :) We're rootin for you to have your first try be your last try!
    BTW, your Dr sounds awesome.
    Good luck, good luck. Try to keep yourself busy these next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your first cycle! I'm so glad to hear that you had a very busy sample. Good luck keeping busy during your first, and hopefully last, TWW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like wonderful timing. Sending lots of luck on your first cycle.

    ReplyDelete