eating my weight in sugar, I thought I would add my tagged self to this sugar doll bit. I think MamaK and Pom tagged me, so thanks ladeeez. Here's my ten.
1. I am not a long-term, life-planner, at all. My entire life's theory has been "let's see where this takes me..." and so far it's taken me to some fairly incredible places.
2. I tend to befriend some truly talented and motivated peeps. My oldest friend just biked 950 miles of southern NZ, and my college roommate has climbed the seven peaks, and is about to do a six month triatholon-thingy. You might think this could motivate me to some personal jaw-dropping aspirations, but I am more of a "sidelines" kinda girl. As long as I have some good lovin, good food, and good company...that's right. I'm good.
3. I lived in Mysore, India for six months in my early twenties, and shaved my head there. All the locals thought I was a mourning widow. "So sad," they would say to me.. "at such a young age!"
4. I poison computers. When I touch them, their internal wiring starts to melt and morph, causing crashes and unexplainable breakdowns. I am amazed that I am still blogging and such, at this point.
5. I know only half of my genetic makeup. My mother was adopted and has no inkling to know her birth family. Therefore, my dark eyed and olive skinned self looks not much like my father's English and German blonde side of the family.
6. I have helped at least 5 kids to not drown in my 4 years as a lifegaurd, in both in pools and rivers.
7. I sang in a children's chorus as a tween and won some major international choir competitions. I still love choral music and totally take after my father in that way. (he's the state fair whistling champ).
8. I loathe small talk and hate fake people.
9. I had a sister who was born and died on my second birthday.
10. I am completely confused about the culinary popularity of offal. If I never have to eat anything with liver or blood or stomach lining in it for the rest of my life, I will die happy. (this is difficult to admit, as I'm married to a chef and it's one of their "chef" things...)
11. I just stopped bleeding. 7 days of full bleeding=not fun. But emotionally I am feeling so much better. As Puffer so brilliantly put it- that was a bad egg I had in there. Who the hell wants a bad egg? Not me, thanks anyway. :) Moving on...
12 years ago

No way! I lived in Bangalore for 6 months in college -- and took many day trips to Mysore. I miss it, but try to go back to visit the family I lived with every few years. W and I were there last December for 3 weeks, it was wonderful.
ReplyDeleteCheers to your next Good Egg!
So funny about the mourning widow comments in India. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're feeling better. You can still eat your weight in sugar if you'd like though. In fact, why wouldn't you?! Now may be the perfect opportunity!
Oh, and much agreement with the offal. I tried foie gras once on a cruise ship - ugh, thought it was spongy and disgusting. And really, why are we eating these things? It's not as if we have a shortage of food...
thanks for sharing.. i feel like i know you a bit better. I have always wanted to shave my head, but just scared of the 'growing' in part with whipsy hair .lol.
ReplyDeletei lived in mysore for almost 4 months a couple years ago. india's intense. i hated so many things, yet find myself terribly missing it and wanting to go back. go figure!
ReplyDeleteI have never been to Mysore, but I share soapwallakitchen's thoughts on India: I spent only a week there and definitely developed some strong feelings in both diections about it.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are feeling better!
SIX MONTHS in Mysore - shut up! I have such intense India travel envy. Rose and I were in South India for 5 days during our trip around the world - what a tease.
ReplyDeleteRose mentioned #8 - in fact I think that's one of the reasons she's so sure we'll like each other. :)
Glad you're feeling better. Next time will be yours, girl. :)
ReplyDelete