5.06.2010

They say timing is everything....

And damned if they weren't right. I hate it when they're right!!!! :)

Last time we did this insemination timing dance, we had it sooo easy. I got a faint positive on my OPK, the sperm arrived an hour later and we inseminated that night at home. Early the next morning the OPK turned positive and off to the doctor's we went to do the IUI. That entire 20 hours I had full ferning, a wide open cervix and plenty of eggwhite CM. What a dream situation.

This is so NOT how this time around is going. Things aren't lining up in quite the same way as they did back in what I will now refer to as "the perfect cycle." Talk about confusing. Yesterday I had eggwhite CM, but my cervix wasn't as open and I got nothing on my OPK. Today my cervix is a wide open town, but my CM is scarce and I STILL don't see a thing on that  stupid piece of crap OPK. I haven't had full ferning for any of the past few days, just some scant ferning here and there for the past four, and today- nothing. So I've been a bit confused, and am trying to stay calm to just focus on what my body is trying to tell me.

This morning Chefy and I had a conversation and decided to go into the OB this afternoon for the IUI. Then I think we'll inseminate at home tomorrow morning and spend the rest of the month crossing our fingers. We'll see what happens. Send some positive fertilization thoughts our way!

8 comments:

  1. Go with your gut, for sure. And good luck getting the stars to line up for you again.

    I'm all about drugs and triggers for me now, not that I ever monitored as much as you do. But I haven't temped since the last messed up IUI cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I hate how confusing this can be. How frustrating to know that everything can line up perfectly and have this month not go that way. I'm glad you're doubling up with the at-home ICI - this definitely covers your bases a little extra. Good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGG, so annoying, I have totally been there! Its always better to be early, rather than late, and with the ICI you have some extra coverage. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea about the IUI this afternoon - I say if your cervix is open then you're ready to go!
    It's like a sign that says, "Open for Business!"
    hehe
    Good luck again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! All those conflicting signs, sigh, I hate timing. But you two are WAY more on top of it than we were. Sending lots of positive fertile thoughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed! I like your strategy here. I think the IUI today and at-home tomorrow sounds very smart. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today was my IUI day too, so hopefully this month will be lucky for both of us! :) Oh, and you might want to ask your doc to check your progesterone level before you do the IUI to see if you've ovulated or not. I was supposed to get my IUI on Wed. AM (36 hrs after Ovidrel trigger), but my progesterone levels weren't high enough to indicate ovulation, so they postponed and re-tested me this AM and all systems were go! Maybe since your cycle is a little confusing this month, the progesterone level might help you decide! :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete