Aaaaahhhh, to be done shooting sperm up your vagina and have a moment to reflect (dramatic sigh). Let's reflect on this last week, shall we?
Monday: Sperm arrives a day early-thus the insemination gears in my head start shifting-WAY too early.
Tuesday: I got nuthin
Wednesday: Eggwhite CM, cervix looks open, nothing on OPK.
Thursday: CD 16, no eggwhite, but cervix still looks open ?!(she has been harder and harder to find lately), decide to do IUI with OB. Lie to OB and tell her we got a positive OPK that morning. Feel bad about lying, especially when she has trouble putting the catheter in and has to tilt (ouch!!!) my uterus to get the deed done. Payback is painful.
Friday: Still nothing on OPK, we insem at home. Decide not to look at cervix or CM, as to prevent further disappointment and confusion.
Saturday: Sitting at breakfast and feel nice gush. Take OPK on a whim and there she is, a line as big and dark and fat as a juicy blackberry about to fall off the vine.
Patience= a virtue. Libby= impatient as they come. Pregnancy this cycle= improbable. What I HAVE taken away is a vital lesson, which is:
When your sperm comes early and your ovulation late, don't be impatient!!!! LOL. What can ya do? We're feeling silly and kinda stupid about jumping the gun over here in Chez Libby, but at least we can laugh a little at ourselves. Here's to this being a learning experience!
Also, I've posted my FF charts over on the sidebar there in case anyone is interested.
Have a great Mother's Day, all you mom's and future mom's to be!!
OH! And can you please give me your vote?! Should I take the progesterone, yay or nay>?
12 years ago

Fingers crossed for those swimmers! It didn't work for me, but a lot of people told me they got pregnant on a cycle when they thought timing was off.
ReplyDeleteAnd I would take the P. Old RE didn't prescribe it for me and it just gave me one more thing to second-guess. New RE has prescribed it for after the transfer (the basket that I'm stacking all my eggs in).
our cycle was like that last month, early insem late OPK. It's so frustrating and just stupid! Today my mom was like, inquisitively, why is it taking you so long to get pregnant (four tries so far) and i was like, um, r u fucking kidding me?, but i didnt say that;} people dont realize how ridiculous and hard this is! its like, oopsie, there goes that cycle . . .
ReplyDeleteWe never did at home insems and opk kept giving me false positives so I have no advice on that front. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed for ya!
ReplyDeleteAs far as the progesterone goes, I say take it! First 3 iuis my Re insisted I didnt need it, on the 4th I threw a tantrum and got it. That was the cycle I got preg, m/c but whatever. Ive had consults with three Res so far and each one agrees it cant harm your chances only help! Good luck to you.
Sometimes it is exactly the cycle you don't think will work that has! Definitely take the progesterone. It won't hurt you - it can only help. Stack the deck anyway!
ReplyDeleteHmm.. it does sound early, but who knows. The whole thing is a big crapshoot anyway... I say take the progesterone. V never had any side effects, other than sore bbs or back or whatever, but the whole process is so expensive and crazy, it's worth throwing whatever you have at it.
ReplyDelete