Our insems yesterday went swimmingly. We woke early, got a positive on our trusty little OPK, did an at-home with two ICI vials at 6:30am, and then an IUI at the clinic at 4:00 in the afternoon. Are you getting bored with the details of this baby-making operation? I am.....
Let's work this out in bullets, shall we? That way I will spare you my inattentive blogging style, and you can scan for the juicy tidbits...
Try #3, or "Third Times a Charm"
- ICI at home was excellent. Spent 6 hours laying on couch afterward, working very hard to get pregnant.
- IUI was also fabulous. We got a new OB this time, who is also(!) a lesbian mom with two kids. Seriously, it's like the lesbian mafia at this clinic. It's awesome. She told us it took her 8 cycles to get pregnant the first time. She was very open and funny, and chatted easily and honestly with us the entire time. If only I had dyke friends like that my age in this city..but that is another post for another time.
- One of the first things she did when she came in was to say.."Hey! You wanna look at your follicles and see how they're doin?" I'm all....YES! It was great. My lining, according to her, is nice and juicy at 1.21cm. I had several follicles on my right side, with one huge one that measured at 2.64cm. I'm still ignorant of these measurements...I feel like the lining number was good, but what about the follie? Anyway, it was great to be able to see what the hell is going on up there, firsthand. Thrilling, even. I even got two little pictures to take home with me.
- I'm fairly sure I O'd yesterday as well, as my temp shot up .8 degrees this morning. Here's to hoping.
- Went to acupuncture yesterday at 6pm, 2 hours after the IUI.
- Feeling fairly confident about the timing this cycle, let's hope the egg was good!
- Other than that, ta-ta's are still sore, mood is crabby yet hopeful, and wife is ready for me to be pregnant. This cycle she has become an expert at the speculum (metal upgrade is a godsend), and has been able to find my cervix quickly and easily. She's kinda into it. So cute, and kind of weirdly hot. Again, another post for another time...
- I'm ready for this TWW, but know I will need some distractions. Give me a couple days to work a good questionnaire out.....


Good luck! My 2 kids are the result of ovulations near the summer solstice, and here's hoping yours will be, too.
ReplyDeleteFrom my understanding that follie sounds great! We inseminated this time with one at 24mm and the doctor seemed really pleased. So 26mm would be even better! Sounds like the timing was absolutely fabulous and I’m hoping third times the charm for you ladies!
ReplyDeleteYep, a 26mm follicle is great! Your timing sounds perfect, too. We always tried to pretend that the TWW wasn't happening - never worked for us but here's hoping it will for you!
ReplyDeleteWould crossing your legs not help keep the jizz inside? (Is that crude? Should I be more clinical?)
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, I've got everything crossed for the 3rd time to be the charm!
Also, 26mm sounds perfectly juicy. My old RE always triggered at 18mm which means they'd be around 21mm or 22mm at ovulation and insemination time. I always thought that was too early and wondered if the eggs would be immature. Yours sounds perfect.
26mm sounds GREAT and timing seems dead-on..Go #3!
ReplyDeleteTiming, numbers, sizes, everything sounds PERFECT. Whee! So excited for this cycle for you!
ReplyDeleteEverything sounds perfect! It's so nice that they give you all that information and support at your clinic. By the way, I never get tired of all the information. ;)
ReplyDeleteGood luck, good luck, good luck! We'll be checking in with obsessive regularity. xox
Sounds like a fantastic cycle! I'm sending all my preggo vibes your way.
ReplyDeleteI love queer medical staff. Our OB and general practitioner are lesbians and so great to work with.
PS - cute shoes.