3.23.2010

.

update 12 hours later.

period starting. two different pregnancy tests are negative. pregnancy lasted one week.

It was a blessing to become pregnant so quickly. I know that I was incredibly lucky to become pregnant on our first try. It gives me hope that this will work again, sometime in the future.

Right now I feel comforted by the fact that I did everything that I could in the last month to get pregnant and stay pregnant, and that this baby was just not meant to be. I just am so sad.

19 comments:

  1. Shit Libby. I am so sorry. I really hope you get pregnant just as quickly next time and that it's a sticky one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no no no NO NO. I am so, so sad to read this post. I am thinking of you and sending you comfort and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo! Libby, I am SO sorry -- I can only imagine how upsetting, unfair and just plain sad it would be to loose something so important, even if it was early. I am sure that next time around will be as easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuck. I'm so sorry. TTC is so unfair. I hope you're holding up okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks... I'm so sorry to hear that. At least you got a positive! That's huge, really. No blocked tubes, or anything like that to worry about. Your body is good to go! Hang in there... you have good things in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH NOOOOOOO! No no no no no no no no!!!! FUCK! Libby, I am so beyond sorry. This is just terrible news. I'm so sorry. Ugh. [slapping brow repeatedly in distress]

    You know you can get pregnant - which is a small consolation to take away from this loss, but at least you know. I hope #2 takes and sticks.

    Rose and I send our love.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, no, ugh, I'm so sorry! Yes, it happened fast, but I know it doesn't make it less sad or less frustrating. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear this news. Though I don't know you, this brought tears to my eyes. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no no NO NO NO. I am so, so sorry to hear this tragic news. This completely blows in ways words just can't express. Please know I'm thinking of you and your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hon, there are no words. I am so very sorry to hear this...Shit, I know the short stay does not make the loss any easier. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. so so sorry. ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Libby, I am SO sorry. So, so sorry. You and chefy are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No. I am so sorry. It shouldn't have to be this way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry you lost this pregnancy. It was real even if it was early, and I grieve with you. Please take care of yourself and your wife. We are thinking of you.

    (I had a bit of a similar ride on the TTC train. Let me know if you ever want to hear about it.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry. I know that early loss is very common (heck, we saw three in my household alone), but that doesn't make it okay. I hope that you get an easy positive and a lasting pregnancy next time. For now, I hope that you have lots of love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heartbreaking. I'm so sad for you and I wish you all the best as you move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh sweetie, I am so incredibly sorry to read this news. It is almost too cruel to get pregnant on the first try only to lose that baby. I am thinking of you and Chefy right now. Hold tighly to one another and grieve your precious little spark.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry to hear this, Lib.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete