THE GOOD
- still pregnant, proved positive by the following;
- four positive tests
- no real period
- tatas as big as houses and as sore as a freshly bee-stung bum
- back ache
- crazy dizziness and fatigue. I've gotten entirely exhausted by walking four blocks and need to sit down at destination in order not to pass out.
- peeing like mad, and feeling like I have to pee, even if I've just walked out of the bathroom
- mood swings galore (I've begged off mascara finally, as it just is getting ruined every day). I guess this could just go in above said category, but I needed something to put here.
THE SCARILY ANNOYING
- spotting, almost every day. It is pinkish in hue, and mostly keeps itself not in the undies, but only shows it's crappy face when wiping. It varies in amount, one time being a spot the size of a quarter, but mostly stays about dime size or smaller. It managed to go away mostly for two days and today has come back with a vengeance. I will be honest, its making me mad.
Also necessary to note is that I am still very early along here, only 4w6d. While I don't think I could ever emotionally prepare myself for a miscarriage, I am aware of it's commonality, and not totally unrealistic about the premature state of my pregnancy. In order to cope so far, I have been resting a lot, trying to visualize a healthy embryo, distracting myself, and trying to stay positive. I know that whatever happens, I will be fine. Chefy will be fine, PooMan will be fine, we will all survive and carry on. Its this uncertainty of not knowing the outcome that is leaving me for a loop...
Can i ask those of you out there that have experienced this, what were the circumstances and how did you cope? I am thinking of going to get my hcg numbers, just to somewhat know either way (my first real prenatal appt isn't for 3 weeks). Have any of you had spotting in your first trimester? Just looking for some perspective here....

I am so sorry you have to worry 20 times a day! I am glad all other symptoms are so strong.
ReplyDeleteWhen I had spotting (like yours it was pink and on wipe) I went to an acupuncturist who specialized in fertility to get some needles to support the pregnancy and my body. It also helped reduce the worry slightly.
I hope all is well.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are going through this scary phase. I do know some of the bloggers around here had early spotting and it was nothing. Damned if I can't remember who it was (although it looks like Jen was one of them).
ReplyDeleteAnecdotally, my friend's doctor also had her take progesterone when there were fears of miscarriage in her early pregnancy, and she is now the mother of a very precocious one-year-old.
I'm sending you tons of positive, uplifting, thriving-embryo vibes.
*hugs*
I agree with your mother. Stop looking for something to go wrong,because there will always be those ever so willing to tell you what it MIGHT be.
ReplyDeleteWomen get pregnant and stay pregnant everyday of the week and you're no different.Sometimes this blogosphere can provide too much info on the bad of TTC/pregnancy.
Just enjoy all the signs that you are pregnant however annoying they might be.
As you know, I had spotting that didn't end well, but it very quickly progressed from light spotting (very light, single incident, on 14dpo) to heavy heavy ultra++ tampon & pad-soaking flow on 16dpo. It sounds to me that you are consistently light, so it's a different (albeit annoying) beast altogether. There are TONS of women who have light spotting in the first trimester and went on to have healthy babies.
ReplyDeleteI agree that acupuncture sounds like a swell idea. It SUCKS that your OB is so unhelpful. I am continually amazed by the bedside manner of some OBs described here in blogland: was undertaker just not a viable career choice? It sounds like that would have suited them better.
Thanks all for the support. I am going to my acupuncturist tomorrow, as she is FINALLY back from vacation. Maybe that will turn this pink tide. Ugh, what a bad joke :)
ReplyDelete